Raw whole cuttlefish
It is distinguished from other cephalopods by the presence of ten tentacles, two of which are longer than the others. Its cylindrical and oval body has two lateral fins and houses a “bone” made of white limestone.
It is caught all year round in F.A.O. 51 or 57 (Indian Ocean), using trawls.
Its treatment with citric acid gives it a softer texture.
We sell it whole, raw and cleaned.
Enjoy it in ready meals, snacks, salads or marinades.
For further information, please visit : www.pdm-seafoodmag.com
All year round
- Species : Sepia aculeata
- Size : 60up
- Net weight : 10 Kg
- Origin : India
- Seasonality : caught all year round in zone F.A.O. 51 or 57
- Ingredients : cuttlefish, no additives
- Presentation : whole raw cuttlefish, cleaned and frozen IQF
- Process : fishing, sorting, peeling, cleaning, chemical treatment, grading, deep-freezing, 10% compensated glazing, packaging, metal detector, storage
Storage conditions :
Maximum storage temperature: – 18° C
Best before date: 24 months after freezing date
GMOs : none
Irradiation : none
Allergens : molluscs
Microbiological criteria :
- T.V.C. : 100 000 ge/g
- Fecal Coli. : 10 ge/g
- Coagulase + Staph : 100 ge/g
- S.R.A. : 10 ge /g
- Salmonella : absent in 25 g
- Listeria mono. : absent in 25 g