Roe off farm scallop
The scallop Argopecten purpuratus is a bivalve commonly known as the scallop.
It is one of the largest members of the Pectinidae family. Its two valves with large ridged ribs extending from the top of the shell are red to brown, sometimes pink or spotted.
It is harvested in Peru all year round, by hand by divers.
The absence of soaking allows its taste qualities to be fully expressed.
We sell it nut without coral.
Enjoy it in cooked shells, pan-fried, in cassolettes or in puff pastry.
For further information, please visit : www.fao.org
From 10/20 to 60/80 (pcs/Lbs)
All year round
- Species : Argopecten purpuratus
- Size : from 10/20 to 60/80 (pcs/Lbs)
- Net weight : 10 Kg
- Origin : Peru
- Seasonality : harvested all year round
- Ingredients : Scallops, no additives
- Presentation : IQF frozen scallops, shelled without coral
- Process : harvesting, storage, cold shucking and gutting, cleaning, controls, grading, cleaning, draining, deep-freezing, 8% compensated glazing, packaging, storage
Storage conditions :
Maximum storage temperature: – 18° C
Best before date: 24 months after freezing date
GMOs : none
Irradiation : none
Allergens : shellfish
Microbiological criteria :
- T.V.C. : 100 000 ge/g
- Fecal Coli. : 10 ge/g
- Coagulase + Staph : 100 ge/g
- S.R.A. : 10 ge /g
- Salmonella : absent in 25 g
- Listeria mono. : absent in 25 g