Raw whole octopus
The Octopus vulgaris octopus is a cephalopod also called common octopus.
It has 8 tentacles with 2 rows of suckers allowing it to catch preys and to move on the ocean floor. Its coloration can change very quickly according to its environment, going from brown to white, yellow, grey.
It is caught using trawls from December to April and from June to September, in the Pacific ocean (FAO zone 61 or 71), in the Atlantic ocean (FAO zone 27, 31, 34, 41 or 47) or in the Mediterranean sea (FAO zone 37)
The absence of any chemical treatment allows its gustative qualities to be fully expressed.
We offer the whole octopus.
It can be appreciated in ready meals, salads or in paellas.
For more information, please visit the website www.fao.org
- Species: Octopus vulgaris
- Size: from 300/500 to 500/1000 (g/pcs)
- Net weight: master carton of 14kg
- Origin: Western Africa
- Seasonality: caught from December to April and from June to September in FAO zone 34
- Ingredients: octopus
- Ionizing treatment: none
- Presentation: raw whole clean octopus, frozen BLOCK
- Elaboration: caught, sorting, cleaning, sizing, beak and eyes removal, deep-freezing, packing, metal detector, storage.
Maximum temperature: -18°C
BBD: 24 months after freezing date
- TVC: 100 000 /g
- Fecal coli.: none
- E. Coli: 1/g
- Staphylococcus aureus: 100 /g
- SRA: 10 /g
- Salmonella: absence in 25g
- Listeria mono.: absence in 25g