Cooked whole mussel
The Mytilus edulis mussel is a bivalve, and has a dark blue limestone shell, that is sometimes brown and/or striped. The shell protect the yellow-orange body.
It is cultivated throughout the year in Ireland.
We offer the cooked whole mussel, and it can be appreciated in paellas.
For more information, please visit www.pdm-seafoodmag.com or www.fao.org
- Species: Mytilus edulis
- Size: from 80/100 (pcs/Kg)
- Net weight: master carton of 10kg
- Origin: Ireland
- Seasonality: harvested throughout the year
- Ingredients: mussel
- Ionizing treatment: none
- Presentation: cooked whole mussel, frozen IQF
- Elaboration: harvest, cleaning, sorting, steam cooking, chilling, sizing, deep-freezing, packing, metal detector, storage.
Maximum temperature: -18°C
BBD: 24 months after freezing date
- TVC: 100 000 /g
- Fecal coli.: none
- E. Coli: 1 /g
- Staphylococcus aureus: 100 /g
- SRA: 10 /g
- Salmonella: absence in 25g
- Listeria mono.: absence in 25g