Wild raw whole shrimp
The Penaeus monodon shrimp is called tropical shrimp, tiger shrimp or Jumbo shrimp.
Its color is naturally dark and features stripes on its shell. Its size can reach the 36cm. It is the biggest shrimp species, and can be either farmed or caught.
The shrimp we offer is caught throughout the year in Nigeria in FAO zone 34, using trawls.
Sulfites (E223) are added to prevent the development of melanosis (black spots due to shell oxidation).
This raw whole shrimp can be consumed in paellas, and in every suitable way to cook crustaceans : barbecue, plancha…
For more information, please visit the website www.fao.org
- Species: Penaeus monodon
- Size: from 2/4 to 16/20 (pcs/kg)
- Net weight: master carton of 18 Kg
- Origin: Nigeria
- Seasonality: fished throughout the year in FAO zone 34
- Ingredients: shrimp, additive (E223)
- Ionizing treatment: none
- Presentation: whole shrimp semi-IQF
- Elaboration: nocturnal catch, sorting, cleaning, sizing, deep-freezing at sea, packing, storage.
Maximum temperature: -18°C
BBD: 24 months after freezing date
GMO : absence
Allergenes : crustaceans
- TVC: 100 000 /g
- Fecal coli.: 10 /g
- E. Coli : none
- Staphyloccus aureus: 100 /g
- SRA: 10 /g
- Salmonella: absence in 25g
- Listeria mono.: absence in 25g