Raw whole clean cuttlefish
The Sepia aculeata cuttlefish is a cephalopod also called needle cuttlefish.
It differs from the other cephalopods by its 10 tentacles, of which 2 are bigger than the others. It has a cylindrical ovoid body with 2 lateral fins, has a “bone” made of white limestone; and its colors vary to be able to hide.
It is caught throughout the year in the Indian ocean (FAO zone 51 or 57), using trawls.
Its treatment with citric acid gives it a tender texture.
We offer the whole clean cuttlefish.
It can be appreciated in ready meals, salads or on plancha.
The ink is edible and can usually be found in restaurants in prestigious dishes.
For more information, please visit the website www.fao.org
- Species: Sepia aculeata
- Size: from 40/60 to 80 up (pcs/Kg)
- Net weight: master carton of 10kg
- Origin: India
- Seasonality: caught throughout the year in FAO zone 51 or 57
- Ingredients: raw cuttlefish, additives (E330, E331)
- Ionizing treatment: none
- Presentation: raw cuttlefish, frozen IQF
- Elaboration: catch, sorting, cleaning, gutting, beak and eyes removal, treatment, sizing, deep-freezing, packing, metal detector, storage.
Maximum temperature: -18°C
BBD: 24 months after freezing date
- TVC: 100 000 /g
- Fecal coli.: 10 /g
- E. Coli: none
- Staphylococcus aureus: 100 /g
- SRA: 10 /g
- Salmonella: absence in 25g
- Listeria mono.: absence in 25g