Argopecten purpuratus with coral
The Argopecten purpuratus scallop is a bivalve, from the Pectinidae family.
Its 2 striped shells can reach 16cm and show sometimes a light pink coloration.
Our scallop is cultivated throughout the year in Peru. The absence of soaking enables its gustative qualities to express entirely.
Since the 08/08/2014, a water/protein ratio equal or below 5,5 is considered acceptable.
We offer the whole scallop with the coral.
The meat is lightly sweet and tastes great in cooked shells, flaky pastries, cassolettes or fried-pan.
- Species: Argopecten purpuratus
- Size: from 10/20 to 60/80 (pcs/Lb)
- Net weight: master carton of 10kg
- Origin: Peru
- Seasonality: harvested throughout the year
- Ingredients: scallops
- Ionizing treatment: none
- Presentation: shelled scallop with coral, frozen IQF
- Elaboration: Harvest, cleaning, shelling, cleaning, sorting, sizing, deep-freezing, packing, metal detector, storage.
Maximum temperature: -18°C
BBD: 24 months after freezing date
- TVC: 100 000 /g
- Fecal coli.: 10 /g
- E. Coli: none
- Staphylocccus aureus: 100 /g
- SRA: 10 /g
- Salmonella: absence in 25g
- Listeria mono.: absence in 25g