Cooked crab meat premium
The Cancer pagurus crab is a decapod crustacean also called edible crab.
It has a smooth and ovoid brick-color shell, that can reach 30cm.
It is caught from August to November in the North-Eastern Atlantic ocean (FAO zone 27), using crab traps.
It is the most caught crab in Europe (40 000 T per year), particularly in UK, Ireland and Norway.
The absence of any chemical treatment enables its gustative qualities to express entirely.
We essentially offer it shelled in meat.
The leg meat mixed with the body meat gives this “premium” product a fibrous texture that tastes great in salads, fillings, egg-rolls, lasagnas and terrines.
For more information, please visit the website www.pdm-seafoodmag.com
- Species: Cancer pagurus
- Type: 60% body meat, 40% leg meat
- Net weight: master carton of 22.5kg
- Origin: Norway
- Seasonality: caught from August to November in FAO zone 27 (IIa2, Iva)
- Ingredients: crab, no additives
- Ionizing treatment: none
- Presentation: cooked crab meat (40% legs and claws / 60% body), frozen BLOCK
- Elaboration: fishing, sorting, cooking, chilling, peeling, deep-freezing, packing, metal detector, storage.
Maximum temperature: -18°C
BBD: 24 months after freezing date
- TVC: 100 000 /g
- Fecal coli.: none
- E. Coli: 1 /g
- Staphylococcus aureus: 100 /g
- SRA: 10 /g
- Salmonella: absence in 25g
- Listeria mono.: absence in 25g